Sunday 16 May 2010

Titanium TIE Fighter Collection

This is where it all started for me. After I bought the basic TIE Fighter (seen in the middle of the shot above) I felt the compulsion to buy up the rest of the TIE variants. Above from left to right: TIE Interceptor, TIE Fighter and TIE Bomber.

Left is Darth Vader's TIE Advanced as seen in the Trench Run sequence from A New Hope.







Below can be seen a couple of paint variants of the TIE Interceptor, the white one with the red stripe is Baron Fel's ship which I first became aware of in the X-Wing Rogue Squadron comics and the red one is a Royal Guard interceptor which I believe only appears in the online game Star Wars Galaxies.

As you'll see over the coming months the titanium series was very much my first Star Wars collection and my compulsion with collecting every possible variation has definitely carried on over the years, not just with the different TIE Fighters but also when I start to collect Jedi Starfighters I had to have every paint job I could find.

On the right here is a personal favourite in my collection, again this one comes from comic books and its the standard TIE Fighter but with the Rebel Alliance emblem on the wing. Finally below is my most recent addition to my TIE fleet, the TIE Defender. I think this by far the most different looking of the TIE fighters Hasbro has put out so far and its all the cooler for it.
So that's my titanium TIE Fighter collection, now hurry up Hasbro and release all the other variants from games, books and comics so I can keep growing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment