Tuesday 8 November 2011

300th Blog Post


18 months, 50,000 views and 300 posts on I'm still having a great time creating this blog. Originally I started this as a place to show off my collection but over the last year and a half I've gotten a lot more confident in my work and have really enjoyed recreating scenes from Star Wars, so to say thanks to all the visitors and followers of this site, as I wouldn't have bothered this long without you, I've decided to revisit my top three most viewed posts and try to do these figures a bit more justice.

3 - Galen Marek aka Starkiller


This image is based on the cover art to the first Force Unleashed game. Originally when I posted this figure the image was just Starkiller standing alongside Juno and Kota, you can see it here.

2 - Darth Revan and Darth Malek


Very simple photo here of the apprentice bowing before the master but with the red lighting I thought it was a strong image. My original post of these two can be found here.

1 - Pre Vizsla


This image showing Obi-Wan and Vizsla squaring off is a recreation of a scene from the TCW episode, 'The Mandalore Plot', one of my favourite episodes of the TCW so far and I'm glad to see that other people find the Pre Vizsla figure cool as well. Here you can see the original post, this was one of the first times I attempted to pose figures in a scene and I think you'll agree this blog has come on along way since.

I still have a lot of my collection to share but going forward I hope to have a much bigger emphasis on recreating scenes and other dioramas, thanks again for following and check back soon!

Photography - Shannen
Composition and lighting - Chris

1 comment: